Associate, IT Help Desk Support
Technology & Engineering
Description & Requirements
WHAT MAKES US A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
We are proud to be consistently recognized as one of the world’s best places to work, a champion of diversity and a model of social responsibility. We are currently ranked the #1 consulting firm on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work list, and we have maintained a spot in the top four on Glassdoor’s list for the last 12 years. We believe that diversity, inclusion and collaboration is key to building extraordinary teams. We hire people with exceptional talents, abilities and potential, then create an environment where you can become the best version of yourself and thrive both professionally and personally. We are publicly recognized by external parties such as Fortune, Vault, Mogul, Working Mother, Glassdoor and the Human Rights Campaign for being a great place to work for diversity and inclusion, women, LGBTQ and parents.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Your primary role is to service the IT support needs of our user base in a demanding results-oriented environment. This role is expected to deal with the majority of calls and emails to the Help Desk using a variety of problem solving techniques, while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction. A key component of the support operation at Bain is the use of the HD+ ticketing and inventory system. Associates will receive training on the ticketing system as well as all of the other technologies and administrative processes required to execute the duties of a Technical Solutions Group (TSG) Associate. This person will learn support skills in a pressurized environment and be able to expand their technical ability across a range of software, hardware, and mobile platforms
• You will develop the skills required to be the primary contact for IT related problems and issues for Bain employees
• You will learn and develop the troubleshooting and resolution skills required to address hardware and software problems on computer systems and other supported hardware (mobile devices, phones, voicemail, projectors, etc.)
• You will perform consistent follow-up with users to ensure complete resolution and user satisfaction
• You will learn the inventory system and maintain accurate inventory database, repair log, and activity log
• You will develop the skills to proactively identify and complete TSG projects that add value to the department and/or our customers
• You will become aware of and enforce TSG guidelines and policies to ensure data integrity, system reliability, and data security while providing essential flexibility to end users
• You will learn the Bain image and PC configuration and testing process to build and deploy notebook and desktop computers
• You will develop the skills required to support the varied Audio-Visual equipment in your local office and in the other offices across the local region (Projectors, Videoconference Units, etc.)
• You will use Active Directory and other Bain tools to create and manage user accounts and set permissions
• You will develop best practices in the IT environment through experience sharing across the TSG staff in the other offices across the region and globally
• You will learn to coordinate off-site repairs with external vendors
• You will participate in Global projects on a requested and volunteer basis
• You will work with other TSG staff members on local, regional, and global teams to test new applications, as well as system hardware and software upgrades
• You will learn the materials to be able to lead end user training programs
• You will provide off-hours, weekend and holiday coverage as needed
• You will travel as required to support other Bain offices and off-site training sessions.
1-2 years previous corporate experience is preferred. Excellent customer service skills are paramount to success in this position including empathy with the IT end-user experience. Must possess the aptitude or experience to provide proactive service to our customers as well as a results oriented approach to customer service.
Experience with Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience is required. Demonstrated interest and aptitude in technology and technical issues.
Communicate well with customers and members of the team, display a confident and self-motivated approach. Strong time management and prioritization skills in a multi-tasking environment. Ability to work well in a team environment, support other members of the TSG team as they support our customers.
Ability to be calm and think clearly under pressure and an aptitude for analytical problem resolution, display basic troubleshooting skills and approaches. Also the ability to occasionally work extended hours, including evenings and weekend hours to meet project deadlines or resolve issues.
*Applicant must have received, or be willing to receive, the COVID-19 vaccine, and be fully vaccinated (established 2 weeks following final dose) by date of employment with Bain & Company to be considered for U.S. based jobs subject to required accommodation process.
Bain & Company is a global consultancy that helps the world’s most ambitious change makers define the future.
Across 62 cities in 37 countries, we work alongside our clients as one team with a shared ambition to achieve extraordinary results, outperform the competition, and redefine industries. We complement our tailored, integrated expertise with a vibrant ecosystem of digital innovators to deliver better, faster, and more enduring outcomes. Our 10-year commitment to invest more than $1 billion in pro bono services brings our talent, expertise, and insight to organizations tackling today’s urgent challenges in education, racial equity, social justice, economic development, and the environment. We earned a gold rating from EcoVadis, the leading platform for environmental, social, and ethical performance ratings for global supply chains, putting us in the top 2% of all companies. Since our founding in 1973, we have measured our success by the success of our clients, and we proudly maintain the highest level of client advocacy in the industry