BharatPe is India’s fastest growing fintech. Our vision is to be India’s best and fully digital lending fintech. In less than 3 years, we have grown from inception to a company operating in 300 cities, working with 15 million merchants, over a million consumers, processing 4 million transactions per day, and valued at $3 billion. And the pace of growth is only accelerating – we have disruptive ideas, impeccable execution, strong team, and ample capital to move at rocket speed. With all this, we will redefine how banking is done in India.
Role and Responsibilities
● As a Software Engineer, you will work closely with other engineers and product managers to develop quality products at a quick pace, incorporating best practices of software development and utilizing the latest tools. You will get mentorship from some of the best minds in your field and you will mentor younger folks.
● Actively get involved in technical discussions with other engineering team members on design and technical
● implementation details
● Understand well defined business use cases / PRD and design the solution for them
● API Definitions and end-to-end service design and implementations
● Design applications in true service oriented architecture
● Develop object-oriented models and design data structure for new software projects taking systems aspects into account
● Make correct design choices in the context of problem for data store, caching, search, scaling etc
● Write good quality, modular, reusable, performant, well documented, unit-tested code,
● Continuously refactor the code to improve code quality and bring modularity and simplicity in coding Requirements
BE or higher in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent)
● Strong coding/debugging abilities: You have advanced knowledge of Java, and are happy to learn advanced concepts of the language and to write maintainable, scalable, unit-tested code
● Architecture: Knowledge of data structures and an eye for architecture. You can discuss the tradeoff between architectural choices, both on a theoretical level and on an applied level. Strong object oriented design skills, knowledge of design patterns, data structures and algorithms will come in handy
● Fast learner: We’re looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
● A team player: You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others’ candid feedback for continuous improvement.
● Design and business acumen: You understand requirements beyond the written word. Whether you’re working on an API used by other developers, an internal tool consumed by our operation teams, or a feature used by millions of customers, your attention to details leads to a delightful user experience