ABOUT THE COMPANY
The International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) is an American multinational technology corporation headquartered in Armonk, New York, with operations in over 171 countries. The company began in 1911, founded in Endicott, New York, by trust businessman Charles Ranlett Flint, as the Computing-Tabulating-Recording Company (CTR) and was renamed “International Business Machines” in 1924. IBM is incorporated in New York.IBM produces and sells computer hardware, middleware and software, and provides hosting and consulting services in areas ranging from mainframe computers to nanotechnology. IBM is also a major research organization, holding the record for most annual U.S. patents generated by a business (as of 2021) for 29 consecutive years.Inventions by IBM include the automated teller machine (ATM), the floppy disk, the hard disk drive, the magnetic stripe card, the relational database, the SQL programming language, the UPC barcode, and dynamic random-access memory (DRAM). The IBM mainframe, exemplified by the System/360, was the dominant computing platform during the 1960s and 1970s.IBM is one of 30 companies included in the Dow Jones Industrial Average and one of the world’s largest employers, with over 282,100 employees as of 2022.
• Student must be enrolled in one of the following degree program: Btech/MS/Mtech/PhD.
• Preferred degrees include Computer science, Mathematics.
• Student should have decent Linux programming exposure.
• Good to have some exposure to open source projects within Kubernetes/Big Data platform communities such as Knative, Operators, Fluentd, Prometheus, Elasticsearch etc.
• Good knowledge of software engineering practices including agile processes
Student must have very strong problem solving aptitude and ability to delve into multifaceted pieces of knowledge.