Moody’s is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the door to shared progress. With over 11,000 employees in more than 40 countries, Moody’s combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets.
Moody’s Recruitment Responsibilities:
- Responsible for designing, coding, enhancing and testing of financial software applications to meet business process requirements in MIS Tech, primarily using Java/J2EE-related tech stack
- Exhibit good problem-solving and analytical skills in designing/developing solutions for business requirements
- Contribute to ongoing feature development of web applications based on service-oriented architecture, involving UI, Services and databases.
- Work with the development team leads/architects on the technical/architectural direction of projects and collaborate with business analysts, developers, and QA analysts (both in-house and vendor)
- Evaluating functional requirements for new requests for meaningful design/development tasks
- Work with cross-functional, globally dispersed development teams to support development efforts to meet business requirements.
- Complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance of software applications.
- Participate in design, architecture and code reviews and participate in a collaborative development environment
- Working in an Agile environment and tracking progress towards key deliverables
- Provide Production Support of applications by helping the team to solve Production Incidents, root cause analysis, code defect fixes, data analysis, troubleshooting etc.
- Good Understanding of Object-Oriented design and development
- Experience in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) with an understanding of Web Services (REST and SOAP)
- Experience with Java-based frameworks: JPA, Springboot, Spring, Hibernate etc.
- Experience with Microservices and design patterns
- Agile Scrum experience., while displaying familiarity/experience with other SDLC approaches
- Good SQL and database knowledge
- Experience with JBOSS Studio, Eclipse and/or similar IDE tools
- Knowledge of build/dependency management tools such as Maven and SCM tools like Subversion, Bit Bucket, GitHub etc.
- Experience in application containerization, familiar with tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Platform9, ECS, EKS, Openshift, Cloud Foundry
- Exposure to any cloud platforms (AWS/GCP/Azure) and exposure to services (or their equivalent ones) like API Gateway, IAM, S3, SNS, SQS, Lambda, RDS, DynamoDB, EKS, ECS, Kafka etc.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills