About American Express
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law. Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
The position is responsible for providing quality and timely completion of Merchant requests related to KYC & Banking Updates/Maintenance on existing merchant accounts/New Account set-ups, payments research and account reconciliation.
· Requires the handling of outbound and inbound calls to and/or from Financial Institutions, Merchants, and internal customers.
· Provide service & support to Merchants, Processors, MS TSC, Banking, SRG/KOAT, Contract Review, Submissions, ESSU, CMS, Acquisition, Network Development, Risk Management, and Welcome Acceptance
· Review, analyze, and process merchant requests from the simple to the complex.
· Review, verify, understand, and apply information from business and legal documents, i.e., Articles of Inc., Business license, Bank Statements, Guarantee Agreements, IRS documents, AMEX Terms and Conditions, Policies and procedures and PAD Agreements in order to fulfill critical maintenance requests & KYC requirements.
· Ensure timely completion of cases and following strict deadlines for enhanced merchant experience
· Strong analytical and collaboration skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrates ability to be self-directed with excellent follow through
· Customer focused with a high level of urgency; role model for delivering Extraordinary Customer Care
· Able to interact professionally with all levels of clients
· Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
· Working knowledge of MS Office products, i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to evaluate Merchant information
· High result orientation
· Ability to take independent decision & meet stringent deadlines
· Demonstrated dependability