Ciena is a network strategy and technology company with a passion to provide an experience, to you and our customers that is as rewarding as the outcome. We attract the best and brightest– those with outstanding talent, motivation, and the right attitude to contribute to our success. Our culture balances our openness and informality with professionalism and trust and is built on the foundation of our core values.
Ciena Recruitment Responsibilities:
- This role involves taking responsibility for designing, developing, testing, documenting, and analyzing modules or features within new or upgraded software systems and products.
- It includes executing implementations based on project plans and priorities.
- Our engineers design and implement technologies that allow people to do great things.
- Packet and Optical networks continue to aggressively move towards Layer 0/1/2 converged infrastructures.
- A willingness to learn and the ability to work well in a team environment is a must.
- Experience using Linux based workstations would be an asset.
- Experience in software upgrade management.
- Understanding of automation script
- Good Coding skills (preferably Python and C ).
- Good debugging and trouble shooting skills over Linux platform.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of real-world network topologies in Carrier/Metro Ethernet Space will be an asset.
- Knowledge of Python/XML/YANG/JASON/Golang will be an asset.
- Experience in development environments – GIT, Jenkins etc.
- Knowledge of Linux Kernel, Docket containers, TCP/IP stack, Forwarding Tables, IP Filters, VLANs, and memory management
- Working knowledge of MS Office tool suite (Word, Excel, power point), and working with large data sets (sorting, filtering, graphing)