Comcast is hiring for the role of Data Engineer 1!
Responsibilities of the Candidate:
- Develops data structures and pipelines aligned to established standards and guidelines to organize, collect, standardize and transform data that helps generate insights and address reporting needs.
- Focuses on ensuring data quality during ingest, processing as well as final load to the target tables.
- Creates standard ingestion frameworks for structured and unstructured data as well as checking and reporting on the quality of the data being processed.
- Creates standard methods for end users / downstream applications to consume data including but not limited to database views, extracts and Application Programming Interfaces.
- Develops and maintains information systems (e.g., data warehouses, data lakes) including data access Application Programming Interfaces.
- Participates in the implementation of solutions via data architecture, data engineering, or data manipulation on both on-prem platforms like Kubernetes and Teradata as well as Cloud platforms like Databricks.
- Determines the appropriate storage platform across different on-prem (minIO and Teradata) and Cloud (AWS S3, Redshift) depending on the privacy, access and sensitivity requirements.
- Understands the data lineage from source to the final semantic layer along with the transformation rules applied to enable faster troubleshooting and impact analysis during changes.
- Collaborates with technology and platform management partners to optimize data sourcing and processing rules to ensure appropriate data quality as well as process optimization.
- Handles data migrations/conversions as data platforms evolve and new standards are defined.
- Preemptively recognizes and resolves technical issues utilizing knowledge of policies and processes.
- Understands the data sensitivity, customer data privacy rules and regulations and applies them consistently in all Information Lifecycle Management activities.
- Identifies and reacts to system notification and log to ensure quality standards for databases and applications. Solves abstract problems beyond single development language or situation by reusing data file and flags already set.
- Solves critical issues and shares knowledge such as trends, aggregate, quantity volume regarding specific data sources.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
Regular, consistent and punctual attendance
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 0-2 Years