About Thomson Reuters:
Thomson Reuters Corp (Thomson Reuters) is a provider of news and information services. The company provides intelligence, technology and expertise that professionals require to find trusted answers. It provides research and workflow products with focus on intuitive tax offerings and automating tax workflow.
Thomson Reuters Responsibilities:
- Writes new software, makes modifications to existing software applications and modules in accordance with written specifications.
- Develops and integrates applications as per written specifications.
- Carries out unit testing, ensuring application meets needs of client and business.
- Translates technical requirements and design documentation into application code and modules.
- May provide technical support to operations or other development teams
- Contributes to and maintains technical documentation / manual related to assigned components to ensure supportability.
- Works under direct supervision in performing maintenance on existing software products or straightforward software enhancements.
- Makes suggestions for problem solutions or software enhancements, which will typically be reviewed by a more senior developer.
- Implements solutions as directed within standards and with guidance from more senior engineers.
- Participates in project planning sessions with team members to analyze development requirements.
- Typically works on one project at a time and as a member of the project team(s) or as part of a specialist cross-project team on multiple developments.
- Works on smaller, minimally complex projects or a particular system or application within larger projects that requires a singular area of expertise
- Provides status updates for own scope of work within projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge on software engineering methods such as Object Oriented Programming concepts.
- Demonstrated knowledge of source control management systems and frameworks such as Git, ADO, TFS, Node.js, Angular, or any front-end frameworks.
- Working with Microservices Architecture, test-driven development practices, Azure / AWS will all be a good add-on experience
- Flexibility to work on both TR’s proprietory Desktop and Cloud based software products and solutions.
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Analytical programming , logical writing, analysis and excellent debugging skills.
- Have strong attention to detail and strong numeric and problem solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English language.
- Have the ability to work on projects/issues solo as well as work in a team environment.